Sunday, June 1, 2008

That Woman --- The come back.

How can I start writing easily after the longest time. It was not what I call a writer's block or the lack of ideas to write about, perhaps it was more of an interest-less period in writing my reflections.

As I am writing this post I am wondering, what should this post be about, my life? my love? me? her? them?

Perhaps it should be about me...

There is no life less tragic, funny nor dramatic than that of a Saudi woman...it is full of intense emotions, drama and irony. As I lay down on my bed today realizing that; well it is Sunday and I have absolutely nothing to do, my daughter has her own plans today and well I have really nothing. no one to really talk or cling to. I have abandoned by all means my friends and the people I cared for to be where I am today. a future career that seems promising, a great education and my very own house that no one controls but me.

could it be that at the end of the road I'll regret leaving the oppressed sand box? regret abandoning so many good things to acquire a freedom that i've always dreamed about? I don't know.

sometimes it is best to say nothing at all!

1 comment:

Badawiya said...

no regrets. we will eventually go back and when we do, the only difference between us and the rest of the people is our past. lol
think about it.
as for having your own place, I cant wait to have mine too!!! I cant wait to have a place that is mine with no other influence in it, no plastic tupperware my mom thinks are the next best thing to the invention of the "wheel" and no cds of other people with other music, no shit from the old days or from bothers or roomates or xs, just me, my cat and my answering machine.. with the warm chocolate brown red colors and the gypsy style beaded curtains * gasping with excitement * come on .. ur probably happy thats why its best to say nothing. :) muwah miss u