Friday, July 4, 2008

Saudi men are metrosexuals

It is amazing how you feel something, like something not right in the air and then years after someone, some gay British guy called Mark Simpson coins it for you. "Metrosexual". You finally go " ahhhhh, so that's what it was".

I always didn't go for guys who fussed over their looks. It creeped me out. I mean hello.. I am the girl here, so when I did not date saudi guys who fuss over their white thobs and their shimaghs which they give names to like the cobra thinggie or the i don't know what kind of fold hehe it kinda turns me off. Put aside the perfumes, the designer clothes, the way they spend time doing their goatees etc etc etc.. GAY.

But you know what... these guys, they are just like morphing I guess, evolving in this world, i mean .. caveman syndrome doesn't really get much done in this non dinosaur age.. so what can a girl like me doo??? I gotta adapt too u know

So, I am now faced with a challenge. A guy, model type, does facials, with an earing, tight black french top, ladies boys .. thinks his ass is cute , you know blah blah.. and he wants to go out with me. OH MY GOD. why me and how can I fake it? hahah

wait a minute.. just because this guy ok let me bring up the definition of metrosexul from askmen.com :

what is a metrosexual?

The newly popular media and marketing buzzword seems to mean different things to different people, but in general, a metrosexual :



  • is a modern, usually single man in touch with himself and his feminine side;

  • grooms and buffs his head and body, which he drapes in fashionable clothing both at work or before hitting an evening hotspot;

  • has discretionary income to stay up to date with the latest hairstyles, the newest threads, and the right shaped shoes;

  • confuses some guys when it comes to his sexuality;

  • makes these same guys jealous of his success with the ladies -- for many metros, to interact with women is to flirt;

  • impresses the women who enjoy his company with the details that make the man;


  • Among them:

    • his appreciation for literature, cinema, or other arts

    • his flair for cooking

    • his savoir faire in choosing the perfect wine and music

    • his eye for interior design

  • is a city boy or, if living a commute away from downtown, is still urbane, if not rightly urban;

  • enjoys reading men's magazines...

  • My God.. what is a woman for now? lol I am so glad I wasn't born a generation later , I am getting F____ now what more the generation after me. Hey! I am old fashioned! come on, anyone who grew up with cinderall and snow white is, I suppose as opposed to rebellious Mulan or like maannn did anyone watch Pocahontas 2??? where she ran off with that other English guy not Capt John Smith ( who turned out to be metrosexual .. and British lol go figure) ... I mean, woman! you want a man, not someone to compete with you, we can take gays ok.. at least they will never be women but like men.. men who are supposed to complete us! lol talk about insult man.. where are the days we just worried about weight loss now we have to worry about curling our eyelashes huhuhuh what a heart attack time bomb to live knowing your man is prettier than you, more maintained than you, oh those highlights are great i need to go to my bf's salon .. sheeshhh NO NOT ME! I want to be the woman in my relationship...

    and to think Arab especially Saudi society is very gender role specific with the nuclear family of stay at home mom and smelly out there working dad...

    like a lot of things in Saudi.. everything is just inside out.. lol Doesn't make sense.

    Good luck to me on my metrosexual experience I hope I last till after dinner.. I am shaking from the prospects of conversation lol

    5 comments:

    Unknown said...

    lol. I picture you in my mind an old-fashioned fifty something old years..and huge..boeing 747-like ..sort of that thing..lol
    hahhhhhhhhhhhhhaa

    Badawiya said...

    yooooooo alcondor im the hottest saudi chick ull ever lay eyes on dude ;)

    London Knight said...

    I dont know about Saudi women but some omani women ooze sexual femininity they make me feel like a caveman. English girls are way too masculine.

    Saint Aldo said...

    the truth have been told many times now, any respond?
    NO! hell, it even got worse.

    Anees Khan said...

    These are sensible thoughts; sadly many women get confused on what they want... probably because when something is to easy to get, it loses value- so the traditional men were any way so common that nothing seem exciting about them- but as trend goes, i think they will be in minority and in great demand in future.