Saturday, October 10, 2009

Heaven and Hell in Islam

One thing that I can't take and I have to work on is when someone attacks my Iman ( faith). All my life I have been the epitomy of faith, the one who believes in God and his reasons, the one who will stand up for what I believed in and the one who loves God so much that I even excuse him for how he allowed his religion to be interpreted. There is nothing I hate more than how Islam is being pictured to muslims and none muslims by the very people we entrusted our "3ilm and thikr too" I admit that I have a problem with men of religion ( do not dare call them men of faith). Just the way they look, how they have no mercy or humanity in their hearts and how they JUDGE JUDGE JUDGE. Anyway, that is not what I am writing about today. Today is about how one person doubted my faith because of the LITERAL description of Heaven that I criticized by saying that if it were as what our religion tells us it is... rivers of wine and honey, trees, castles, women kinds and colors, fruits, gold and silver etc. Then to be honest I don't want it.
Yes, I don't want heaven if it is only that. First of all I am not a man to be jumping with joy for maidens young and virgins, second of all I have all the wine and honey I want whenever I want it, third of all, I am not in the desert to value green trees and last and definitly not least... I am not materialistic to be hoarding all my "hasant" and good deeds to build castles and castles of silver and gold in heaven. In short. I do not believe that My Allah, my beloved merciful all knowing God who created my soul prepared for me a heaven that I don't want to be in.
There is a hadeeth or even in the Quran it said that in Heaven is what no eye has seen, no ear has heard of and no thought that has ever crossed any human's heart. Sooooo... What gives?! Why am I being judged now for saying that I don't like the things that my eye has seen ( literal description of trees and rivers), My ear has heard ( all these descriptions and 7oor 3een and all that) and the thoughts and imaginations that come with them?!

I have always said.. Mo2mineen or faithful ones are not Muslimeen. I'm not the only one who says it, the quran says it and I will try to find the ayah about it. But that is another story, about how God said don't say that you are faithful say you are muslims because islam is not like Iman if you only knew.

The person I had an argument with said that I say stuff that might plunge my soul into hell for 70 falls and that is even more in God's time! why? because I am using my brains? because my God told me that Islam is reason!! because my God said that he likes it when people " yejtahido" to find the truth.. because I am not just listening to what was indocrinated in other people to the point of blind belief in things that are not reasonable? So much has opened in my spiritual life now that I am part of the saudi society again. From the faithful girl who people used to praise for not having lost values, for my deep faith and most of all my obsession with the Quran and how much I integrate it in my life, to the... " the one who's faith is uestionable"! Question my Islam because I am sure that more than 50% have a wrong understanding of real Islam but please don't touch my faith yo!

I was once accused of being Quranic. SO WHAT?
I maintain that some hadeeths have been plagiarized, that the hearsay from one man to another to the generation we are in must have and has been ( proven) to be incorrent and sometimes outrageous! we have accounts of hadeeths that are weak, that are strong that are even unfounded! So who can blame me for being Quranic?
So the Quran described Heaven with the rivers and trees.. well.. Mohammad was an Arab, the Quran was in Arabic so that the Arabs will understand it. What is the difference then if I were to say that the Quran said heaven was water and trees because that is what the Arabs valued most? Even in the Accounts of youm algiyamah.. " wa itha Al3isharo 3ottilat" ( I am not sure of the Ayah) but I am sure that 3ishar means camels. So why the special mention? because that is what is closer to the Arab mind. So why the rivers and women and trees? because that is what is closer to the Arab mind. When I explain to children why they should be good and I tell them that good kids go to heaven and bad kids go to hell, I say in heaven there are rainbows and toys and nice things and colors and cookies and in hell there are monsters and pirates and scary things and bad vegtables.. What kind of incentive would it be to say hey there are trees and wine rivers and women?! So.. If this is how I explain it to the young and unable to fathom minds, why can't we see that God explained heaven as he did because us humans have limited minds and just like toys and heaven to children he said camels and women to Arabs. LOGIC. ISLAM IS LOGIC. ok. Period.

Realizing this. Does this mean I just compromised my faith? No. On the contrary. I have just strengthened it. Because accepting just what is written and not having faith and trust in God that he knows the human soul enough to reward the Good people with what their hearts longed for, whether Arab or not, materialistic or not, womanizer or not well.. let us just say I trust my creator more than these people claim to understand what he is telling us in the Quran , when over and over again God keeps saying in the Quran that he brought it in Arabic so we would understand it. And believe me, when I let go of all the "tafaseer" except ofcourse fo the meaning of some hard words, and read it for my self I understood it and became more faithful and Muslim than I have ever been.

I have one rule in life. God made us and gave us Fitrah. What your heart says is right is right. As soon as debate, fear, compulsion even by things like the religious police or teachers come in then this is not fitrah anymore this is barmajah or programming.

And wow.. How saudis are programmed!

1 comment:

Badawiya said...

where have all the comments gone hehe